If you have been searching for the best boxing gloves, I am sure you will agree with me that searching for the best boxing gloves may be a bit challenging due to the variety of gloves available. There are so many brands with different styles to choose from. For you to get the best, you can narrow down the search to specific features. This will help to get exactly what you are looking for. To make your search easier, this boxing glove buyer’s guide will help you immensely to make a decision on the best boxing gloves you can buy today. You will also learn some of the basic things you should know about boxing gloves. Read on.
Types of Boxing Gloves
1. All-purpose Boxing Training Gloves – As the title implies, this glove does exactly that. These are the very versatile glove and are ideal for beginners. They are very easy to use and very affordable. They are some of the best boxing gloves for Beginners
2. Competition gloves– These are available in two models;
3. Sparring gloves– These are well padded and offer support to the user. They provide protection especially when you are doing strenuous and prolonged exercises. The best sparring gloves enable you to remain mobile when throwing quick punches. You need sparring gloves when practicing with a live human opponent.
4.Bag boxing gloves– The most recent version of bag boxing gloves is very protective and well padded. These are superb in offering protection and support to the user. They are some of the best boxing gloves for beginners. You should avoid the traditional version of these gloves. Since they are fragile and are only meant to protect your skin from tearing. They do not offer support and protection which means it is very easy to sustain an injury when you are using them. In addition, you cannot use bag boxing gloves for sparring. They are among best boxing glove under 100.
5.Cardio or Aerobic gloves – These are the best handmade boxing glove you can buy today but they are of very low quality. You can only use them when doing exercises. They offer poor protection to the user can be destroyed quickly. A pair of bag boxing gloves is better than these gloves. You should avoid them as much as possible. They are some of the best boxing gloves for training. Due to their quality, they are the cheapest.
How do you choose the best size?
What should you consider when buying the best boxing gloves?
- Material -There are different materials used in the manufacture of boxing gloves. Some materials are meant for specific activities only. For example, leather gloves are the best for expert coaching. Gloves made from leather are more expensive as compared to others since they are durable and gives them an edge over other materials.
- Glove sizes– Boxing gloves come in different sizes and to get the best; the type of glove you pick should fit you well. A fitting glove makes you comfortable even when punching.
- Price – Some boxing gloves may have a beautiful appearance and may be very cheap. You should avoid them. Because most of them are poorly made or are made up of inferior materials. Most of them are not durable.
- Color– The color of your glove matters. Some colors are very easy to see, and such are the best for sparring seasons. Light colors like blue, green and white may be simpler to see. They are easier to see in training grounds where light is insufficient.
Top 3 Best Boxing Gloves
1. Everlast Pro Style – Best Boxing Gloves for Training and Fighting
These are made of leather and are an excellent choice. If you are looking for a quality glove, you can use for training. They come in different weights and consist of an attached thumb for safety. There are the 12 oz gloves and the 6 oz gloves. They also have a mesh palm which allows them to dry fast. The wrists wraps are a bit short which makes it difficult to wear them. The 12 oz gloves have a thicker padding as compared to the 16 oz gloves.
These are unique since they contain mesh palm which allows them to dry quickly. You should not zip them tightly when placing them in a bag if you want them to dry fast. You can also dry them using boot dryers, baking soda or glove dog.
Everlast Pro style gloves made of leather. Which makes them durable. However, they are a bit expensive as compared to others due to their quality. The material also prevents them from wear and tear. They are some of the best boxing gloves for training.
- Dry fast
- They have an attached thumb
- They come in different sizes so you can choose the best.
- Wrist wrap is short which makes them hard to wear
2. Twins special – Best Muay Thai Boxing Glove
Twins special boxing glove made of leather and have a triple layer protection. They have an outer layer, middle layer and an inner layer which wraps your knuckles. Twins thick padding ensures you are well protected. When striking and punching.
Most Twin boxing gloves have Velcro wrist fastener which makes them easy to wear and remove. When fighting, you should ensure that the Velcro is tight to prevent cutting your opponent due to the sharp edges. They also have a vent or air mesh to enhance breathability. Some models come in different colors and styles.
These are made of pure leather which makes them durable. Apart from that, they do not tear easily. Due to these features, they are known to be among the best boxing gloves you should consider.
- Long lasting
- Have a thick padding consisting of 3 layers
- They have an air mesh for natural drying.
- They are expensive
3. Venum Giant 3.0 – Best Boxing Glove Under $100
These one are some of the best boxing gloves you can buy today. Venum Giant made in Thailand. And it made of pure leather. Unlike others, Venum Giant 3.0 has a smooth inner lining which helps to keep the moisture away. They have a beautiful and a modern appearance.
A good boxing glove should prevent you from being injured; Venum Giant3.0 is one of the best in that. It has a triple layer padding which helps to boost protection of your thumb, phalanges, and metacarpals. It also has an additional padding above the wrist cuffs.
Stabilizes your wrist
You should look for a boxing glove that is intact and which does not move around. Stable boxing gloves allow you to give your best performance since they are very comfortable. This also allows you to concentrate while you are in the ring. This boxing glove contains a wide Velcro closure system which allows you to make adjustments. They are the best Muay Thai boxing glove.
- They are comfortable when worn
- Have a thick padding
- Venum Giant 3.0 are durable
- It has a Velcro closure system which keeps it in place
- It has a powerful shock absorption which helps to reduce impact.
- You may need some time to get used to these gloves
- Venum are expensive
Boxing gloves are a major investment. It is good to look for something that will keep you comfortable and protected. You should consider your needs and look for gloves that will help you achieve your goals. Doing this helps you excel in training and in various competitions. You can consider those factors we have mentioned to ensure you get exactly what you are looking for.
If you have not yet decided on the best boxing glove to buy, you can consider those we have reviewed. They are the best quality gloves you can buy today. Are you wondering how you can get them? You can simply order it by my link.